Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reminicing About Warm Weather and Flowers

I was just day dreaming about warmer days. I sound hopeless don't I? Spring and summer are never going to come. So I picked up my computer and started looking through my pictures of past years.  I'd like to share a few with you.

 

The fall of 2009, I started two new gardens in my front yard. In this garden I moved some of my vintage yellow iris's and also planted some new flowers.



As you can see my soil is not the best, but with the advice of  some of my B & B friends hopefully this year I can change that. As anyone who has done any gardening at all would know, it is an ever changing and growing process.


This is the same garden, spring and summer of 2010.



My Black Iris's.



My Daylilies at twilight.


And this is late fall of 2010.

My second new garden I started on the fence line of the picture above. I think the only thing planted at this time was a lilac bush.


Then I added a few more small lilac bushes,


Different color Bee Balm to attract hummingbirds, and a few other perenniels.
I can't wait to see how everything comes up this year!

My new garden that I've started this spring is at the far end of this garden, on the other side of the far fence. Hopefully I'll  be able to grow some healthy tomato plants in the new one.


This picture is looking the opposite direction from the outside of the fence.
This is the before picture.


And this is the after picture. It's far from being ready, but that's what happens when you get one sunny day out of seven!  I started working on it yesterday, but as you can see the street is wet from rain. But, I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy love your pictures of you yard. WE are both in the same boat this year but they will eventually give you great joy this summer.

    Next time you want to start a new bed in the fall cover the area with a think layer of newspaper and some sort of mulch like leaves and in the spring you will be able to turn it all in which will help amend the soil and also make it easier to turn.

    ReplyDelete